Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Fort Smith Marathon Volunteer Program.
The Fort Smith Marathon is a volunteer-driven organization. We offer more than 700 volunteer and leadership opportunities each year to inspire giving, personal growth and community. We cannot run without you!
You will meet amazing people, have a great time, and enjoy the thrill of winning without breaking a sweat. Without the help of our volunteers, our race would not be possible.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Besides the satisfaction of knowing you are helping countless individuals make their dream a reality, you will receive the 2017 official race volunteer t-shirt, and earn volunteer credit hours and the pride of knowing you helped others accomplish their goals and make it to the finish.
Please review the following volunteer guidelines. As race weekend approaches, you will be contacted by your area captain who will provide you with additional instructions.
- Volunteers must register in advance with Hollye Dickinson at email@example.com.
- Many volunteer areas require that you stand throughout your shift and work outside in any weather. If you are unable do so, please let Hollye know of any limitations.
- Finish line setup and teardown require that you are able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- You will receive a volunteer t-shirt which should be worn during your entire shift. We will do our best to accommodate size requests.
- Please arrive on time for your shift and work your entire shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please let your area captain know – Hollye Dickinson.
- Please be sure to allow adequate time to park and get to your designated work area.
- If you are unable to work your assigned shift please contact your area captain to let them know.
- Do not bring children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- All volunteers under age 16 must be under the guidance of a parent or adult.
- Pets are not permitted in any volunteer area.
- Our volunteers are a reflection of our community. Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Be respectful to runners and fellow volunteers by not smoking and not using profanity.
If you would like to learn more about our volunteer opportunities or how to get involved, please fill out the form below.